21.2.10

Going Solo.

I stopped in the middle of a looooong hill climb to take this picture, for you, to enjoy the 
gorgeous scenery that today had to offer me on my ride.  You're welcome :)

After a ridiculously busy and stressful work week, added with completing my board duties for our triathlon meeting, I needed to get out and get some serious training in the bank.  I wanted the weekend to be made up of training, eating and sleeping.  A bit of fun was thrown in too, with some great friends, for good measure.  But basically, I left work on Friday and scheduled my weekend around my training goals.

Friday = an hour run to the pool, alone, in the sunshine + 1.5 hours in the pool completing sets of 500's for lots of much-needed focus on my technique
Saturday = 2 + hours riding my new tt bike on the northern prairie of Spokane, alone, sun & greenery all around
Sunday = 2 + hours riding my bike again + 30 minutes transition run, alone, another amazingly sunny-licious day

It is during the time I am going solo that I am completely grateful for my life.  For the greatness that is running and swimming and riding and just being able to do what I love to do.  For having the kind of people in my life that either understand or relate to this journey.

3 comments:

Steve said...

It was a great weekend. Glad you were able to get out and enjoy it.

Jen said...

Beautiful pic, Nat! Way to go with the training too! You're amazing!

jessithompson said...

Fun fun fun!