20.10.10

Five Greats.

Recently I read a blog post about how this time of year can be really stressful.  You know when the tri season ends, The holiday rush begins ($ is spent), people get sick, days "grow?" shorter, motivation runs low.  The keys to remaining calm and sane are different for everyone.  What works for me, may not work to de-stress you.  But the blogger suggested that instead of focusing on stresses or negativity, focus on five greats.  Name five things that make your life great right now.  I liked this idea and making this list did make me feel better:
1)  Any correspondence with my daughter - texts, calls, emails, Facebook chats.
2)  Sunshine and warm afternoons; amazingly still making appearances daily.
3)  Espresso in the morning.  Now I'm making mine hot, with non-fat milk and caramel syrup, yum.
4)  Mountain biking...I said I'd never be into this, but since the first time... I am in love.
5)  Train's song, "Marry Me."  Sooooo sweet.  Seriously, I will listen to it at least one more time before I go tuck myself into bed.

(Sometimes, my greats combine and grow exponentially greater, as pictured above - sunshine, warmth and mountain biking :)

What are your five greats?

6 comments:

Jen said...

Love it! :)

My five are:
1. Family time with Nick & Mia
2. Working out
3. My devotion time
4. Time with dear friend
5. Putting together Mia's scrapbook

Miss you, friend! Thanks for the reminder to focus on the good! :)

Tiffany said...

Fun post, Nat! I love how much you are enjoying mountain biking! You rock!

Matt said...

1) Time with my wife
2) fun time with my niece
3) playing in the outdoors (bike, trails, water, rocks) anything active.
4) cooking something warm and comforting in the winter.
5) Love to read a good blogpost, they are getting harder to find.

Great post Nat!

jessithompson said...

Great post, Nat!

1) Answered prayers
2) Time with family and friends
3) Thai food
4) Surprises
5) Good soup

Love you and all the time we've been able to spend together lately. You are a treasured friend. <3

Steve said...

Kinda late commenting but what a great time getting out and riding with you. You are fearless out there. SO COOL!!!

The Hungry Runner Girl said...

I am so glad you found me because I am LOVING your blog!!! What a neat idea and great perspective on things. Yay for new bloggy friends.