19.12.09

Lyara


On Tuesday, my daughter, Lyara left for an adventure in Florida. About a month ago Lyara started researching nanny positions all over the United States. Eventually she sent her resume to a nanny-for-hire agency and applied for positions in several warm climates. Ultimately, she chose a nanny position in Wellington, Florida. Wellington is located very close to West Palm Beach/Ft. Lauderdale, smart girl.


Yes, the timing is bad with the holiday season upon us. Yes, I miss her madly, she's my only child and we are close friends. But most importantly, I believe in her and her choice to take a huge leap of faith, change her life completely and make a very wise decision for herself. Greg and I support her whole-heartedly and hope she gets everything out of this experience that she is wishing. I'm proud of her and feel that she is flexing that independence muscle that she inherited from me.


I am glad I'm a Christian so that I can keep in perspective the reason for the season, because without my daughter here to celebrate the holidays with, it just ain't gonna be the same. So, I'll keep Christmas in my soul. My heart is; however, in Florida where Lyara took it with her.

2 comments:

jessithompson said...

We're very excited for Lyara to have this opportunity for growth! I know this will be tough for all of you, especially during the holidays. Thinking of all of you with love, support, and lots and lots of hugs.

Tiffany said...

I'm so excited for Lyara as she ventures into a new journey in life. I think it is a great opportunity for her!

I know this time has been tough for you, but I know that your support means the world to Lyara! Can't wait to hear updates on your new blog!