12.1.10

Packed with Care.

My darling daughter has been living in Florida for a month now, and I can barely stand being so far away from her.  Since I can't grab her and give her a big, warm, loving hug...I'm gonna send her one!  Greg and I have been enjoying ourselves by putting together a care package for her.

This particular package includes: a photo album with 50 of some cherished photos of Lyara with family and/or friends, including some adorable ones of our kitty, Tigger...,

some delicious dried mangoes, which are one of Lyara's favorite snacks, a big pack of watermelon bubble gum, two sunny pairs of flip flops, a framed family photo that was taken right before she left, a Subway gift card, Butter's gold colored nail polish (per her special request), the newest Fitness & Runners World magazines, because happily reported by me -- Lyara is running and working out down in the southeast(yee haw!) and finally, a unique little find that I recently learned about... Keel's Simple Diary.

I read about this in my latest issue of Vogue, apparently actress Rachel McAdams writes in hers regularly.  Anyway, my daughter has always been a tremendous writer; poetry, short stories, journals, you name it.  Immediately after seeing the diary, I ordered one for Lyara from Borders.  This "simple diary" is the most original journal I have ever seen.  It isn't like you open it up and there are just sprawling pages of blank lined paper.  No, this diary provides daily prompts like:
   Your day was (only choose one)
   ( ) a party. ( ) a U-turn. ( ) a smarty.
                 
Or, you might find this prompt:
Are you at peace with your hair? ( ) Yes  ( ) No

Each page features random choices for how your day went, room for an explanation,  and other categories such as: feeling at home, the right rhythm, spirituality, fate or circumstance with multiple choices, and even a tidbit or granual of wisdom for the day: The ideal is provocative.   Keel's Simple Diary is available in all sorts of cover colors and I chose lime green for Lyara.  When I opened up the Borders box upon its delivery, I found an introduction to the journal inside that told me there was a good reason I had selected the diary in lime green, like: This could mean you  a) like moss.  b) are a snake. c) dislike golf.  Lyara is gonna be ALL over this journal. It is just her style; unique, fresh, fun and imaginative!

2 comments:

jessithompson said...

You are a very thoughtful momma!

Tiffany said...

So much fun! Lyara is going to LOVE this care package! I love how much thought you put into each part of it. Love that diary too! I kinda want one...:)