1.2.11

FAST

Today I will start fasting and will continue for 21 consequetive days.  My church is engaging in a congregational fast to pray for something specific.  I am too.  The idea is that I will give up a specific food, habit or activity and every time I miss/crave/think about that "thing," I will say a prayer for someone else. 

I choose to fast from all sweets for 21 days and pray for a person who is very precious to me.  This means that I will not eat chocolate, candy, cookies, (cup)cakes, pie, birthday goodies, Valentine's Day treats or anything that I would consider delicous, sugary bliss. 

So if you notice me acting forlorn, lethargic, mean, grumpy, moody, despondent, nervy, resentful, defeated or miserable - maybe you should start praying for ME!

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Best of luck, Nat! It's pretty brave of you to take this on in the midst of your bday and Valentine's Day! I love the idea of praying for someone you love every time you crave a sweet. Very cool.

Josh said...

This is cool. Good luck, I just get antsy when the dentist tells me I can't eat for 30min. You are a determined person and will do great!!

jessithompson said...

I am proud of you and think that your replacement of prayer is precious. You are a very special lady! xxxx