14.2.11

I want to ride my bicycle, I want to ride my bike.

Last week I had a baaad attitude about my training load, especially riding my bike for seemingly endless hours inside.  Just after I revamped my training schedule for the wiser, mother nature came and catapulted me into bike riding heaven.  The picture above is from my ride OUTSIDE yesterday afternoon!!!  I'm sure I grinned the whole time and my smile was bigger than my face. 

There really is no better way to rejuvinate and revive one's perspective about training besides a major change of scenery.  Happily, I was not more than ten minutes into my ride when I had to peel off a shirt layer and a pair of gloves.  Spokane can provide some of the most beautiful landscapes, especially between seasons = brilliant sunshine + snow covered fields. 

The hours I spent on my bike yesterday seemed like mere minutes.  Another surprising aspect of getting back outside to ride is the renewed enthusiasm for routes that seemed mundane by the end of the last race season.  Instead, I was in awe of all the little details.  I even grinned my way up a long, tough hill climb, seriously thankful for the opportunity to embrace the day's warmth on my bike.

  I sure hope you had a chance to get out there and ride too!

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

So glad you made it out into the gorgeous weather and felt rejuvenated by it. The first ride outside of the year is always such a great reminder of how awesome it is!

Teresa said...

It has been so nice out...cold...but nice!! So glad you got out there and time flew by...those are the best days!!

tn

Steve said...

I can't wait to get outside more. We were teased with the couple days of nice weather...I want it back NOW! Glad to hear you have been able to mix it up a bit and enjoy the little things like getting outside :)